1.01.2012

happy new year!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Rick and I celebrated by having dinner out, followed by a champagne toast and a kiss at midnight. It was perfect just the two of us.

This year we have so much to look forward to... getting married on September 29th (!) and all the fun events leading up to it, looking for and moving into our new home, witnessing good friends getting married, and congratulating another on having their first baby. It may be cliché to say, but this year is going to be a good one!

While some people may be adverse to New Year's resolutions, I actually really like the idea. There's something so inspiring about the new year and a fresh start. I don't think resolutions have to be detailed promises with strict deadlines though, but rather just something important to you that you're doing for yourself. This year I will be taking part in the Whole Living 28-Day Action Plan. It's an annual mind-body detox that I just love doing each year. Rather than a "juice cleanse" or "going on a diet", it's much more holistic and focuses on nourishing your body and just really just taking care of yourself. I needed this little push, so i'm excited for it to start tomorrow. If it sounds like something you'd also be interested in, you can read more here and sign up for WL's Daily Challenge emails.

If you made any, what are your New Year's resolutions? I love to hear about them...

Photo: My own, from film.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a lovely evening and an incredibly exciting year to look forward to! Happy New Year, Daniella! Wishing you a beautiful 2012, and thank you for the detox link, sounds refreshing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Whole Living, and I too want to try that action plan out. As for me, a lot of my resolutions follow the same vein of taking care of my mind and body - be nicer to myself, draw and paint more, practice being in the moment and comfortable on my own, etc. I agree - no need for deadlines, just some fresh starts for the new year, things to improve my soul, not just how I look. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful evening! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samia - Thank you! Hope you had a great New Year's Eve as well :) Have a wonderful new year!

    Rachel - Those are great resolutions! Being in the moment in a big one for me... I feel like I need to appreciate those ordinary moments more. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Daniella, sounds like this year will be just wonderful!
    xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you a very happy new year 2012 Daniella, to your dreams :)
    nathalie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a wonderful year!

    xo,
    Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year Daniella! Hope you actually make true all your resolutions, it sounds as if you've chosen wisely! I need to do something about myself as well but I didn't even try to convince me this year (such a bad girl, I know..).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that 2012 brings you lots of joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been reading your blog for a while now, and wanted to tell you how much i enjoy it! happy new year, and thank you for the detox link - i've already found some great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to! I love making resolutions and this year am going to try to remember all my loved ones' birthdays and reach out to them. AND you've inspired me to take a photography class! I'm so excited to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blog you have here. Amazing photography.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Daniella! May all your resolutions come true and may 2012 be a very good year! :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope you had a wonderful holiday! i'm still trying to work out my resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, sounds like it's going to be such an amazing year for you! Congrats on all the big steps :)
    http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for all the well wishes everyone! Same to you of course. I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year so far! :)

    ReplyDelete