1.19.2012

home made pesto...



Since i've been avoiding processed foods since the beginning of the year, i've been trying to gather recipes for basic things I can make on my own and continue throughout the year (this ketchup one looks great). I haven't had any whole wheat or cheese yet, but i'd love to make this pesto with a little more oil to go with roasted red pepper dip and a nice bread for dipping. Suddenly I also want that chopper and a huge wooden cutting board too. On a snowy evening when it's dark and chilly outdoors, spending the time to chop up basic ingredients in a warm, quiet kitchen seems quite nice, doesn't it?

Video: Tiger in a Jar for Kinfolk, recipe by Heidi Swanson, 101 Cookbooks (whose blog is great btw...)

8 comments:

  1. this video is beautiful. It really makes me want to go home and cook! There's not much that beats a great wholesome meal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally almost posted this today too! SO lovely.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooo good. I love their videos. Thanks for sharing this one, hadn't seen it yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks soooo good. I love their videos. Thanks for sharing this one, hadn't seen it yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried a couple of home-made pesto recipes, but this is so easy to make, I will definitely incorporate it into my cooking.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete