1.19.2012

wedding wednes... err, thursday {no.15}...





So I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but I still thought i'd share a wedding update. It's much different being in 2012 now, knowing that by next New Year's Eve we'll be married! It gets more exciting, the more I think about it.

Last weekend my Mother and I headed out to shop for her dress for the day, only to be disappointed by the amount of awful styles that some stores call Mother-of-the-Bride "suits", lol. I mean, why are companies still making shoulder pads? You'd think by now there'd be more modern choices. After looking through a few racks though we found a pretty light blue dress and jacket, with a nice ruffle detail, but there's always the option of looking into some non-bridal shops too. We also spent the day looking around some boutique shops in town, and had lunch at a great British pub called The Royal Coachman. Soup and sweet potatoes was perfect!

In the meantime, shower dates have been chosen, our Save-the-Date is in the works, and a Saturday in February is booked for bridesmaid dress shopping and a bit of girly fun... I can't wait!

Photos: My own, from film.

9 comments:

  1. The subtlety of these photos is breathtaking. Really and truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skimmed through the entire first page of this blog and noticed that there were two pictures of cats. ......I'm liking this place already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste - Thank you! That's very kind of you :)

    Dawn - Hahaha, yes Miley makes an appearance, here and there... and the cat Suzie shot is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom had the worst time finding a dress. i was so disappointed in the options for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I guess I should say "photographed" instead of "shot", lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - Yes I know right?! Hopefully she can find something elsewhere... she just doesn't want to go to the regular shops incase someone buys the same dress as her, lol... I highly doubt that would happen, but she wants to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED my mom's dress and she got it for pretty cheap at Nordstrom Rack... if you have one, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos! It took my mom a while to find her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun planning your wedding! Take lots of pictures! The moments pass so quickly.

    ReplyDelete