1.25.2012

a wonderful read...


Lately i've been reading (and re-reading) the second volume of Kinfolk. I'm completely obsessed. There's something so comforting and engaging about the mag. Every time I flip through its pages I want to run away to a cabin somewhere, where I can enjoy nature, good food, and a quiet cup of tea, focus on de-cluttering life and simplifying things. There's so much beauty in the basics and I love how Kinfolk elegantly reminds us of that. I can barely wait for volume 3... you?

Photo: My own, from film.

12 comments:

  1. I just checked out their website and WOW! The photography is amazing, not sure how I have never heard of this publication before, but I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I'm at B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - Oh so glad I could tell someone about it who hasn't heard of it before! I don't think you'll find it at B&N though... I think... I'm pretty sure it's just available to buy on their site online and in specialty shops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I'm always looking for book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for Kinfolk, what a great treasure you shared with us.

    Have a wonderful week end at the blogger meet up in Toronto, how can I be kept informed about this event,sounds great.

    decogirlmontreal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture! I love your blog and all the film pictures! I have a film camera that I use too and your blog gives me so much inspiration

    xo,
    http://toastsandspills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to get my copy! It's such a lovely read and reminds you that life is about simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Macy - Aw, thank you! So glad it's inspiring for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying to read this magazine—it looks fabulous! Love your photograph as well, as does my David :)

    Hope your week is going very well!

    x
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll love it Sarah! I'm pretty sure they have stockists right in Vancouver. Thanks about the pic :)

    ReplyDelete