2.14.2012

happy valentine's day...


This year I had wanted to make these pretty paper heart strings that Erin from Reading My Tea Leaves had made (I also love these cookies and these little notes from her site), but unfortunately, I just didn't get around to it. Next year, I suppose!

Rick and I celebrated on the weekend, with a Valentine's dinner & dance at our wedding venue. Each year they put on a full event for every couple that's getting married that year, in place of individual taste testings. It was great to see how a full-out event worked, the service, and how the night would unfold. We also made roast chicken and potatoes on Saturday night, and spent quite a few hours watching True Blood episodes (very romantic eh? ha!). Rick was scheduled to work this evening, so I might enjoy a cup of tea and a valentine's cupcake to myself... we'll see.

Hope you're all having a lovely Valentine's Day!

13 comments:

  1. That heart garland is so cute! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniella. I'm enjoying your new blog. Have a lovely Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've had a really nice weekend. Happy Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea for a venue that does a lot of weddings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! I liked it a lot better, it was great to see what the staff was like and how everything ran together.

      Delete
  5. sounds like a fun valentine's! and how smart of your venue to give you a *sneak peak* of what your wedding will be like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea - I hope it was lovely.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby had to work on Valentine's Day, too, but we still managed to enjoy a late evening of cheesecake and wine. Your date sounds wonderful! How fun to dance at your wedding venue on such a romantic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to do something special together! Something small is always perfect :)

      Delete