2.08.2012

wedding wednesday {no.16}...














A few weeks ago I went to visit my friend Amanda to talk about letterpress printing my save-the-dates and wedding invitations (insert high-pitched squeal of delight here!). Amanda has a new studio called Silverplate Press where she's been printing some beautiful pieces from polymer plates, wood and lead type. I've always wanted to have my wedding invitations letterpress printed, so to be able to have a friend do that for us, makes it all the more special. There's just something about that soft, thick paper and the feeling of the pressed design that's so wonderful. Plus, all the work that goes into it!

As I snapped some pictures, we had tea with our friend Sandi, talked paper and ink colours, and did a few fun prints without ink. The type isn't set up how she'd normally do it, but it was just a quick test so I could see how it all works. I even had a go at the giant paper cutter, that can slice through a phonebook with barely any effort at all. Smooth and straight!

I'm looking forward to sending our family and friends the final results, and i'll be sure to share a sneak peek here as well. Who knew that 9 years after meeting in college, Amanda would be printing my wedding invitations? So great how things turn out...

P.S. How cute is her cat, Sushi?
Photos: My own, from film

21 comments:

  1. I Love the idea of letter pressing wedding invitations! Cannot wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be gorgeous am sure, by the way the picture with the cat is lovely...amazing light capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the natural light in your photos. I've been rediscovering film lately too and loving the aesthetic of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't film great? I can't remember what I used my digital camera for last...

      Delete
  4. Gotta love that letterpress! I can't wait to see the final product either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a sweet write up! I'm so happy to be doing this for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful! can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beuatiful images! they look so auhentic. happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Letterpress printed wedding invitations show so much care for details, which I'm sure your guests will appreciate as well. Your photography is beautiful, Daniella. Wishing you a lovely weekend! :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful photos, and it looks like such a fun day! The cat is adorable, I love finding a sneaky cat picture in a post like this.

    Your blog is lovely, and after I post this I'm going to add you to my follow list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. those pictures are so lovely, i think i might go out and buy some film today.
    and i love letterpress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh great blog!! I will come back for sure!!! :O)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've captured this art space so wonderfully. I can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waiting for the sneak peek! =]

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cannot wait to see your invitations! I love letterpress <3! Great film shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cannot wait to see your invitations! I love letterpress <3 Great film shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so so so exciting! One of my favorite things from planning our wedding was designing the invitations - it's the first item guests see which completely sets the tone for the wedding.

    Can't wait to see the final invite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The studio looks like a magical place to work. I can't wait to see photos of the finished invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful! I love the light. It looks like an inspiring place to work.

    ReplyDelete