2.23.2013

showtime + a golden DIY

Tomorrow is the big day! I'll be heading to the Brantford Bridal Show where we'll have our own booth to showcase the new invite collection. I've been busy all week preparing everything we'll need, from business cards to samples, signs and DIY clipboards.

Remember this beautiful Russell + Hazel clipboard in my office inspiration post? I didn't have enough time to order a couple in for the show, so I took it upon myself to turn the situation into a bit of a DIY project. I headed to Staples to see if they had any clear clipboards and luckily I found a few for a mere $5. The acrylic part of the board comes pre-wrapped with plastic to avoid scratches, which was perfect for spray-painting the uncovered clip! I added some painers tape around the clip (just in case) and sprayed them with Krylon's "18 kt Gold Plate" paint. They dried in no time and now have the perfect touch of gold. And the best part of the clear acrylic is that the Daniella Marie logo can be seen through the back, on a sheet of paper that faces down on the board. Perfect, right?

I'm very excited to see it how it'll all come together tomorrow and promise to share a few pics. For now, i'm off to pick up some roses for our booth. If you're in the area, I hope to see you there tomorrow. And thank you all for your sweet comments and encouragement in my last post. It really means a lot!

13 comments:

  1. i love those simple yet pretty cards. they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your DIY! I love that it's just as elegant as your inspiration was.

    Congratulations on your new line! And best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm glad it worked out just as well!

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love the font and the soft pink that you chose. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! I debated over the pink, but I always come back to it, so I just went for it!

      Delete
  4. i've been meaning to tell you congrats on your new venture! I had a peek at the collection...classic and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniella,
    I haven't been able to post any comments in awhile, but I just wanted to say I am so happy and excited for you! I've been following your blog for years now, and I continue to look forward to seeing you grow.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete