3.23.2013

birthday weekend

Today happens to be my birthday and it's the weekend. I'm so happy about how the two lined up this year. Rick and I headed to Sabl├ętine this morning for the most delicious brunch – tomato zucchini quiche, cream of leek soup, a freshly baked croissant, and grapefruit spritzer. Sabl├ętine is the closest i'll get to France for my birthday, and it was perfect! Definitely one of my favourite spots in the city. I of course couldn't leave without a treat, so I picked the rustic fruit tart and Rick had "une suprise" – a crunchy meringue shell filled with a vanilla cream and a tropical “surprise” centre. We think it was passion fruit, either way, so delicious.

We're off for a trail walk while the sun is still shining, and then it's dinner out and cake with the family!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. How lovely. Happy Birthday! even though I'm late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!...Sounds like you spent your day in the most perfect way!...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, i missed this! but Happy (late) Birthday! i hope you had a fabulously happy day. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy (late) birthday! Hope you had a wonderful one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday! Where is this place you're talking about?

    xo
    -A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was right by me when I was at the Bauer Lofts, just out front on King St. They just recently added a dining room though and expanded everything, including the lunch menu it looks like. Much better now.

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday!!! We'll have to grab a coffee and catch up soon! Best wishes for the year ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kinga! And yes, let's plan for some time after Easter... i'll email you!

      Delete
  7. Oh happy birthday!! You have such a beautiful blog. xo

    ReplyDelete