3.07.2013

our thank you's



Over the past couple of weeks, i've been writing all our thank you cards each night (over 140 of them!). Just something short and sweet, but a handwritten note nonetheless. It feels like the most appropriate way to thank everyone who celebrated with us last year. It was such an amazing day that so many people helped with, it's nice to "wrap" it all up. I know the typical thank you card photo has the couple looking at the camera, but Rick and I liked this one most of all. There's just something about the light and the green of the tree in the background that is just fits. It sums up a perfect day for us, and I like sending out something a little different! Hopefully our guests will be just as pleased with thank you cards arriving soon.

And there you have it, our last wedding "to-do" officially done... 2012 was a pretty great year!

Photo on card by  White Photographie

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The light in this picture is pure magic! ...must feel pretty good to be done your last "to-do"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kinga! And yes, the final to-do officially completed, lol. It's weird, but also good. I really wanted to get those cards out asap!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous photo! I mailed handwritten thank-you notes after our wedding, too. It's so fun to send and receive mail like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith. I agree! Snail-mail surprises are the best.

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so beautiful. Most romantic thank you cards I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! That's so sweet of you!

      Delete
  4. the way you wore your hair is beyond words. painfully gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a bit worried about my "day-of" hair, with it being curly and all, lol... But it all worked out amazingly!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, this reminds me that I have to do our wedding Thank You cards too! Been delaying that for too long, 8 months and still haven't send those cards!!!
    Beautiful photo of you guys bytheway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I just did those not too recently as well. It feels SOO good to be done. My hand still hurts just thinking about them! :) xo

    ReplyDelete