3.18.2013

swan lake

Swan Lake was just as good as I had hoped. So dramatic, and yet, made to look effortless. The principle dancer, being both the white and black swan, did an amazing job. There was a definite distinction between the two characters and her arms moved like water. I don't think I've seen another dancer move so smoothly. I had read something online that her Russian training adds to why she moves differently than other North American trained dancers. Whatever it is, it was a joy to watch. I practically held my breath during the famous scene where the black swan does a number of repetitive fouett├ęs (this is a good example, although not the Jorgen Ballet) all in a row. I mean, crazy talent right?

Now, which ballet next?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was ! I want to see another soon!

      Delete
  2. how lovely! swan lake is one of my favorite ballets.

    jorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. It's so dramatic and dreamy!

      Delete
  3. Swan Lake is my favourite ballet! I saw a company here in Canada perform it in Vancouver a number of years ago. I would LOVE to see it again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I wonder which company it was? It's worth seeing again soon!

      Delete
  4. I must make an effort to get to the ballet more often.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete