10.24.2013

fall tradition



Fall always begins with plenty of pumpkins decorating my home. Even when I was living in an apartment, I still picked out, carved, and placed a few light pumpkins to flicker in the window on Halloween night. It's just not the same without them. I love going out to the farm – never the grocery store – and picking out a few special ones.

This year we seriously lucked out, and just so happened to stumble across the most amazing pumpkin farm. They had so many different varieties – plenty I'd never even seen before. It was hard not to spend a fortune, as we wheel-barrowed our treasures to the trunk of our car.

Funnily enough, i'm not one for most pumpkin-flavoured foods though. Pumpkin-spiced latte's leave me with a terrible after-taste, and i'd rather apple over pumpkin pie. I do enjoy pumpkin spiced bread though, this being my favourite recipe, but I like to leave the pumpkins to decorating only.

How do you traditional celebrate the Fall season? I'd love to know!

P.S. It's currently snowing. Hoping it's just a mean trick by Mother Nature, and that Fall isn't actually over already!

7 comments:

  1. i'm not so into pumpkin-flavoured foods, either. give me butternut squash any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST made butternut squash soup, the best!

      Delete
  2. I love everything related with pumpkins!! pretty view

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish we were as nuts about pumpkins in Australia. This looks like such a beautiful tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone from Europe told me the other day that the don't have pumpkin patches either. They're quite the Fall tradition here!

      Delete
  4. Snow already, wow. These photos are really beautiful, I've never seen a white pumpkin before? Ailish Goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was just a dusting that didn't stay on the ground, but still! Chilly! White pumpkins are so popular here this year, they're hard to find by this time!

      Delete