11.22.2013

early mornings

Lately, I've started to get up early and sneak in a workout routine. It's SO hard to get out of bed while it's still dark outside. It has me feeling good, but it also means an earlier bedtime! With all the chores and errands that keep popping up, I haven't felt like spending a lot of my downtime on the computer (hence the lack of posts, oops!).

We've been making lots of plans for Christmas though – dinners with friends, work parties, who's having Christmas where – it's been nice ramping up to the best time of year! I've had the "holiday traditions" channel set on my radio, enjoying the classics each time I drive to and from work, and just this past weekend Rick put up our Christmas lights. Slowly we're seeing more and more houses light up at night. I've started our Christmas shopping as well, as it's always nice to have it done early and just relax come the week of, don't you think?

Hope you're all enjoying your November! What holiday traditions do you look forward to each year?

P.S. Notice the paint swatch? We'll be painting this room a whole lot lighter soon!

4 comments:

  1. This season always seems a little more hectic than any other however I love it too, brings the people you love most together. Though I haven't even started on decorations, I'm usually really really late on that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like Christmas, I cannot process it before Thanksgiving. That being said, I shouldn't procrastinate on Christmas shopping either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I had that dedication! I would love to work out in the mornings--instead, I always find myself with a cup of tea and a book ;) Oops!

    Sounds like your holiday season will be fun-filled and meaningful :) Enjoy, and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting up early to work out sounds like a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete